Thursday, July 9, 2009

Art Saga

When I first started making art and painting in oils, I was really proud of myself and my accomplishments. I am no great artist, but I was happy with what I managed to put out. I have certainly seen artwork by other artists that goes for thousands of dollars that in my view didn't look as good as mine. After several attempts to sell my art at what I considered reasonable prices, I never managed to sell even one. I guess art is in the eye of the beholder. What is art to one person's eye may be junk in another person's. I had several of my paintings in an art and framing gallery for about 3 or 4 years without selling a single one. I was so frustrated that I told my husband that we need to go get them and by the way, let's just drop them off at the dump on the way home because nobody wants them and I don't have any room in my house for them. Right now they are in my den collecting dust and taking up space.

The comic strip Pickles is my favorite one right now. When I saw this strip about her frustration with her artwork, it just hit home with me. It sounds so much like the way I feel about mine right now.





No comments:

Post a Comment